I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who provides assessment and treatment to individuals, families, and groups. I have over 15 years of experience. I have national certification in DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy). I've worked in a variety of settings: out-patient mental health clinics, psychiatric hospital programs, and a private K-12 school.
I have extensive experience in treating mood disorders, anxiety, attention and learning difficulties, anger issues, oppositional behaviors, self-injurious and self-destructive behaviors, self-esteem issues, social struggles, life transition issues, grief and loss, and PTSD.
I also have advanced training in TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), Family Mediation/Conflict Resolution, Perinatal Mood Disorders and Pregnancy Loss.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Mental Health
- Oppositional Behaviors
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Mental Health, Pregnancy Loss, and Reproductive Issues
- Self-Injurious and Self-Destructive Behaviors
Treatment Specialization Includes (not limited to):
- Anger Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Communication Issues
- Depression and other Mood Disorders
- Fertility Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions/Change
- Perfectionist Tendencies
- Personality Disorders
- Parenting Support
- Self-Esteem and Body Image Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Post Masters Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Graduate School of Professional Psychology University of St. Thomas
- Undergraduate degree in Behavioral Neuroscience and Psychology, University of St. Thomas
- Lifetime Member in Psi Chi the International Honor Society in Psychology - University of St. Thomas Chapter
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - Minnesota & Wisconsin
- Approved Supervisor for the Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy and the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy - LPC and LPCC
- Qualified Neutral Under Rule 114 – Minnesota Judicial Branch A.D.R.
- Family Mediation Certificate - Mediation Center/Hamline University School of Law
- National DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy) Certification through DBTNCAA
- Advanced Training TF-CBT (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) - Washburn Training Institute and the Medical University of South Carolina - Eligible for National Certification
- Professional Maternal Mental Health Certificate - Postpartum Support International and 2020 Mom
- MommaCare™ Certificate Perinatal Bereavement - Shoshana Center for Reproductive Health Psychology
Personal Activities of Interest:
- I love anything outdoors: fishing, hiking, camping, agate hunting, etc.,
- I love to find DIY arts and crafts projects.
- I have 3 children, 3 dogs, and a gecko.