Feeling overwhelmed, depressed or struggling with self-harm behaviors? Do you feel pressure to be "super human" at times? Do you find yourself looking at Facebook, Instagram or Twitter thinking why can't my life be like theirs? With our increasingly hectic lives, it's understandable and can feel challenging at times. Challenges can stem from specific life events, adolescence, parenting, pregnancy, loss, trauma, feeling disconnected from others, work/academic pressures, and/or everyday kinds of stress. It's no wonder that things like anxiety, negative thoughts, and depression can begin to creep in. I understand these challenges and I can help.
Drawing from my experience as a nationally certified DBT and advanced trained Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, I have the tools and skills to help you get out of your negative mind, manage your overwhelming/negative emotions, and learn how to create balance so you feel successful and effective in your life again.
I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist who provides assessment and treatment to individuals, families, and groups. I have over 15 years of experience. I've worked in a variety of settings: out-patient mental health clinics, psychiatric hospital programs, and a private K-12 school.
I have extensive experience in treating mood disorders, anxiety, attention and learning difficulties, anger issues, oppositional behaviors, self-injurious and self-destructive behaviors, self-esteem issues, social struggles, life transition issues, grief and loss, and PTSD.
I also have advanced training in Family Mediation/Conflict Resolution, Perinatal Mood Disorders and Pregnancy Loss.
Areas of Special Interest:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Mental Health
- Oppositional Behaviors
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Mental Health, Pregnancy Loss, and Reproductive Issues
- Self-Injurious and Self-Destructive Behaviors
Treatment Specialization Includes (not limited to):
- Anger Issues
- Attachment Issues
- Communication Issues
- Depression and other Mood Disorders
- Fertility Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions/Change
- Perfectionist Tendencies
- Personality Disorders
- Parenting Support
- Self-Esteem and Body Image Issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Post Masters Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy, Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology, Graduate School of Professional Psychology University of St. Thomas
- Undergraduate degree in Behavioral Neuroscience and Psychology, University of St. Thomas
- Lifetime Member in Psi Chi the International Honor Society in Psychology - University of St. Thomas Chapter
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - Minnesota & Wisconsin
- Approved Supervisor for the Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy and the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy - LPC and LPCC
- Qualified Neutral Under Rule 114 – Minnesota Judicial Branch A.D.R.
- Family Mediation Certificate - Mediation Center/Hamline University School of Law
- National DBT Certification through DBTNCAA
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Advanced Training - Washburn Training Institute and the Medical University of South Carolina
- MommaCare™ Certificate Perinatal Bereavement - Shoshana Center for Reproductive Health Psychology
- Maternal Mental Health Certificate - 2020 Mom & Postpartum Support International
Personal Activities of Interest:
- I love anything outdoors: fishing, hiking, camping, agate hunting, etc.,
- I love to find DIY arts and crafts projects.
- I have 3 children, 3 dogs, and a gecko.