I am a Licensed Psychologist and a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker who provides assessment and therapy to children, adolescents, families, couples, and groups. I have 30 years of clinical experience and have worked in a variety of settings including outpatient mental health clinics, private schools, and supervising school linked mental health therapists.
I have experience working with issues of depression, anxiety, grief and loss, self-esteem issues, and relationship issues for children, adolescents, adult women and couples, as well as behavior issues, and attention issues for children and adolescents. I have worked closely with schools for over 20 years and am able to support parents and coordinate care as they advocate for academic accommodations. I conduct thorough diagnostic assessments, including school based observations when appropriate. I have received training in utilizing the DC:03 early childhood diagnostic assessment.
My approach is cognitive behavioral with a mindfulness focus in addition to utilizing play therapy when working with younger children.
I believe that therapy is a process of empowering clients to become aware of their unique strengths while assisting them in developing healthy emotional health strategies and skills. I deeply respect the uniqueness of each individual and the courage that is present for anyone who engages in the therapeutic process.
Treatment Specialization Includes (not limited to):
- Depression, Anxiety and other mood disorders
- Attention and learning difficulties
- School adjustment issues
- Peer relationship issues
- Oppositional Behaviors
- Self-Esteem and/or body image issues
- Life transition issues
- Family Counseling
- Couples Counseling
- Post Masters Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy - University of St. Thomas
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology - University of St. Thomas
- Bachelor or Arts in Elementary Education - Wartburg College
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- Approved Supervisor for the MN Board of Psychology
- Approved Supervisor for the Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy: LPC and LPCC
- Training in Conflict Resolution; Peer Leadership and Parent Education
Personal Activities of Interest:
- Walking my dog/mowing the lawn/exercise
- Mindfulness Activities